Thursday 15 January 2015

First Post of the New Year

Hello All,

Happy New Years.  As usual.... It has been awhile since I've posted on the blog.  Oh well, what do you get for free? Apparently not much :-)

Anywhooo.... The project list has grown for the new year. For this visit to the Zombie Apocalypse Escape Plan, I will finish fitting out the closets in the main living space.  As well, as installing the Hardwood floors.  Look for updates within the week.

THe picture is of the freshly milled Douglas Fir flooring.  I am told by the building gods, that I should let the wood "Relax" in its new envrionment, in order to reduce the possibility of "cupping" and "lifting".  Yeah, I know, sounds like a plastis surgeon.  Oh, the cool thing is the floor was harvested from the island, from a renewable resource. How Overly environmentally green am I, Huh? kinda cool though.

1 comment:

  1. Nice and I think that the wood will relax faster in its own home town! Looking forward to more updates! Feliz Ano Nuevo!! ';-D

    ReplyDelete