Monday 21 January 2013

18 Days ago.

Greetings everyone, Sorry for the extended delay in a new post. I have been up, on island the past 18 days.  I'll post a number of updates. Upon my arrival, my neighbors "Team Hunter" had surprised me with the construction of our entry way stairs.   I will add the railings after we have moved in appliances and finished flooring and drywall.

While I had been back at the boat in Olympia during the Holidays, The island received a lot more rain, as such our drive on to property became even more saturated.  Over a few days of driving on the mud, I had decided that we needed to do some emergency drainage. Seen here is a ditch I dug (Using BigYellow)  Under the drive we ran 4" pipe to drain away the collect water. I had to bring in 6 truck loads of Shale to build up the drive. you'll see in the picture the rough rock in the dirt. It will compact and break down as we drive on it, and will create an excellent base for the driveway in the spring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment